Friday, January 15, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up #2

Yippie!!! #2!!!
Not much has been going on this week.

Karsan has been busy with school. They are having "Jump Rope for Heart", so they have been practicing jumping rope in PE all week. She was so excited yesterday because some other little girl told her she jumped like a pro! LOL!!! I think we are going to sign her up for YMCA basketball. They season is only 5-6 weeks and it will help get her in shape for softball. She came home with a conduct slip on Tues. for talking during Music class. She was so upset. A little boy in her class kept telling her that her mom was gay, so she was defending my honor telling him that I wasn't!!! Shawn and I both told her she should just ignore things like that; that he probably didn't even know what he was talking about. She said, "Yes, he did. He was saying your mom is gay because she kissed a boy!!" Shawn and I cracked up!!! It was so funny!!! She knows from now on to just ignore others who don't have anything nice to say.

Monday was Shawn's birthday. He turned 36!!! WOW!!!! Some friends from work took him, Gunnar and me out to lunch at The Barn Door. They have great food! We enjoyed it very much. We were both still so full from lunch that we just snacked for dinner. A friend from church, Joyce, brought over a pie for him. I am not really for sure what it was, but it was wonderful. It had chocolate and I think banana pudding with cool whip and nuts on top. It was yummy!!! I made him a taffy apple pizza last night. I had planned to make it for Monday, but I knew Joyce was bringing over something and the pizza gets yucky if it sits for too long in the fridge.

We went out to eat tonight for a combined birthday dinner. We went to Clear Springs Cafe in Midland. It was really good. They mainly serve catfish and different types of seafood with a Cajun spin. They claim to have the best onion rings in Texas! I don't know if they were the best, but they were definitely good!!

Gunnar is back to his old self! His sleeping pattern seems to be getting back to normal! That makes me very happy! His new favorite thing is to get his John Deere cap and walk around with it on his head. He will keep it on for quite a while. He looks so cute! He reminds me so much of his daddy!

Thanks for tuning in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment