Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up #1

One of the things I want to accomplish with this blog is to keep everyone informed of what is going on with our family since we are so far away from everyone. So, I am going to try and do a weekly wrap-up each week! haha! I know you are all thinking, "Yeah, right!!! I bet this is the only weekly wrap-up we will see!!!!!!" Well....I am going to try and prove you all wrong!!!! So.....

Karsan started back to school this week. She is really glad to be back. I am really glad to be back into our normal routine!!!! She got her grades for her 2nd 9-weeks. Her overall core average was a 97!!!! We were very impressed to say the least! She has definitely settled in well at her school!!! We are so proud of her!

She is ready for softball to start. I think we are all! She is getting cabin fever pretty bad! It has been cold here the last week and she hasn't been able to play with her friends outside. Well, cold for west Texas!! :) I don't think it is anything compared to what all of you have been dealing with! We have seen snow 4 times already this winter. We haven't gotten more than an inch each time, but you would think we had been having blizzards with the way people here act!!!!

I think Gunnar has decided that he isn't going to talk. He definitely understands what you say, but he refuses to talk. I told him the other day to go get a diaper and her did!! Then he brought it back to me and ran off! He has decided he doesn't like to have his diaper changed! Also, Shawn and I were talking the other day and I mentioned that I needed to go brush my hair. Gunnar went in Karsan's bathroom, got her hairbrush and brought it to me! He is a smart little booger, but very ornery!!!!

Shawn is getting ready to start Phase 3 on his project. He will be doing 30-year title on all proposed routes. This should take about 6-8 months. He really likes it out here in "the desert"! He had been going and playing tennis with some friends from church on Sundays. They haven't been able to play the last couple of weeks due to the holidays and the cold weather. I think he is looking forward to going again!! He is getting involved at church. He has already led singing once and will be doing so again tomorrow evening. He also will be reading the scripture for the next couple of Sunday mornings!

I am getting ready to start online classes for Medical Coding. I am really looking forward to it!! It should take about 6 months. I should hopefully be able to work from home after that! I keep praying that it all works out. We have thought about putting Gunnar in a Mother's Day Out program for 2 days a week while I take these classes. I think it would be good for him. He doesn't do too well being separated from me, so maybe this would help a little!

I really feel that God is working in our family right now. I am very excited to see what this new year has in store for us!!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Karsan congratulations on her awesome report card and to keep up the good work! We are very proud of her!

    ReplyDelete