Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up #4 & #5

Sooooooo, I have slacked with the weekly wrap-ups the last couple of weeks. I would say that things have been busy around here because that is what it feels like, but when I think back at what all has happened, I can't think of much!!!!

Karsan has been busy with school. She had a project due week before last. They were studying the Pony Express and she had to do a collage about how we get mail and news today. I should have taken a picture of it. It turned out really good. She had 9 pictures that we printed in black & white. We covered some poster board with scrapbook paper and she used letter stickers for the title. She also had to do a presentation about the pictures. I helped with the collage and Shawn helped with the presentation. It was awesome. She sounded so grown-up. She saw her teacher write down that she made a 100!!!! I am so proud of her. Last week, they had their 2nd grade music program. It was so cute!

Gunnar has started getting so excited when he sees animals. It doesn't matter what animal it is, he starts laughing and sometimes even screaming! He has a word for all animals. I can't describe it, but it is the same word every time. I think he is calling them all dog-dog. It is pretty funny! One day last week, he went and got a diaper and laid down in the middle of floor. He did it twice that day, and both timed he had pooed in his pants. I think he knows what is going on! He has started sleeping in late in the mornings. I try to make sure I wake him up by at least 9:30! He is just taking one nap a day, but it is usually at least 2 hours long!!! His hair is really growing now! He has tons of curls!! I just love it! He loves talking on the phone. Shawn gave Gunnar his phone the other day and then called it with mine. Gunnar was laughing and kept saying "da-da".

Shawn and I went out to eat the other night; just the two of us! We had a good time. We went to Wall Street Bar & Grill in downtown Midland. They have awesome steak. Shawn had a porterhouse and I had a ribeye. They served it with salad and house dressing. We got a side of sauteed mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms, but these are delicious! The food is really wonderful! We got a piece of cheesecake with chocolate and strawberries. Seriously, the cheesecake melts in your mouth!!!! I think I'm ready for another piece right now!!! The kids stayed with some friends of ours from church. They are really wonderful people and have made us feel very welcome in not only the church family, but their family as well.

Karsan and I went to Midland one evening a couple of weeks ago and had a Momma/Daughter evening out! We ate at Olive Garden and did Shawn's birthday/Valentine's Day shopping. For Shawn's bday, he got a new pair of square-toed boots from me and from Karsan and Gunnar he got a new Ariat shirt. We went ahead and gave him his Valentine's Day gift because we were so excited about them and didn't want to wait!! He got a new pair of TwentyX jeans and another Ariat shirt. He looks soooo handsome in his new clothes and boots! For my birthday/Valentine's Day, I got an Ipod Touch! I love it!!!! I downloaded a free grocery list application the other day and put my list on it for when I went to the grocery store. It was very handy!!!

For the last two Friday evenings, we have had game night with two other families from church. We have had a blast! We had it at our house last Friday night and I had so much fun making goodies to snack on. The other two families have kids, but they are all older than Karsan. They have been real good at accepting her in to the group. Three out of the four other kids are boys. The girl is a junior in high school, so she hasn't been coming to game night. The boys and Karsan have been having fun playing games and the Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment